Saturday, June 20, 2009

Going Once... Going Twice... Sold?

Convicted murderers Harlow Cuadra and Joseph Kerekes' former home at 1028 Stratem Court will be auctioned off at a Sheriff Sale on June 30, 2009 at 3:00 p.m. at the Law Offices of Samuel I. White, P.C., 5040 Corporate Woods Drive, Suite 120, Virginia Beach.

Looks like the house saga is about to come to a close... assuming anyone buys it.

Update @ 06/28/2009: According to RealtyTrac, the estimated bid amount is $486,000.00... I don't see it, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Update @ 07/08/2009: It appears the house did not sell... however I'm awaiting confirmation before making any kind of formal announcement.

Update @ 07/10/2009: According to Karla K. Sickerott from the law office of Samuel I. White, P.C. , the house was indeed sold on 06/30/2009. Now it's just a matter of finding out to whom, and for how much.

10 comments:

  1. I Thought the house was sold at a forclosure sale a few months ago. Apparently the sale fell through or the investors could not sell the house in a hurry and it went into default??..

    Just another pothole..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If time abides me... I'll drive over and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there signs of current occupants who would have to be evicted at some cost, signs such as a tethered goat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, the house could have problems not visible in an external view, but it looks rather nice (if you didn't know what went on in there). It has the look that's typical of Florida row subdivisions except in Florida they're usually single story.

    Whoever gets it, though, should disinfect it well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I'd bid on it! think $1 will win? ;) lol okay...I'll double it if I have to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Geoff Harvard said...
    Are there signs of current occupants who would have to be evicted at some cost, signs such as a tethered goat?
    "

    Geoff,

    I was out there a couple of weeks ago and the house definitely looked empty, or at the very least unlived-in.

    It was difficult to actually see inside the house though, as all of the downstairs shades were drawn over the windows. However, a Yellow Pages book which had been delivered months beforehand was still sitting at the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how much did the house go for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even better question..Was there an upset price and/or did it sell for anywhere near that appraisal estimate?

    Just curious:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't able to attend the auction, and the land records haven't been updated yet, so I'm not sure what happened. If and when there's an update, I'll post it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It appears that the upset price was too high and/or the real estate market is VERY sluggish and demand is low, at least at that price.

    ReplyDelete